- Focus and Scope
- Peer Review Process
- Open Access Policy
- Author Guidelines
- Copyright Notice
- Author Fees
- Editorial Team
- International Peer-Reviewers List
- Publication Ethics
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Policy of Screening for Plagiarism
- Request Conference Collaboration
- Registration Candidate Editorial Board & Reviewer
- Reviewer Acknowledgment
- About this Publishing System
The Author Guidelines for manuscript submission in Fiat Justisia: Jurnal Ilmu Hukum is as follow:
1. Manuscript template
The manuscript should be structured according to the following provided author guidelines in the Microsoft (MS) Word (doc; docx; pdf) article template format:
2. Reviewing process manuscripts
Every submitted paper is reviewed independently by a minimum of two peer-reviewers. The author may request up to three peer-reviewers in the manuscript submission. The editor then decides for publication, amendment, and/or rejection based on the peer-reviewers report and recommendation. The authors will receive a description and explanation of the manuscript rejection after the submission date. The suitability of a manuscript is considered by two and more peer-reviewer.
3. Revision of Manuscript
Authors will receive their manuscript back. Afterwards, manuscripts sent back to the authors should be returned to the editor immediately. The revised manuscript should be uploaded to the online submission. The revised document should include:
- One MS Word files of Revision Note. This revision note is in a table form that provides the Reviewers comments and highlights the revised section of the manuscript. The table columns consist of:
- One MS Word files of Revised Manuscript. The revised manuscript is based on the template-based format (MS Word file). The revised sentences should be colored highlight. Revised manuscripts that are returned more than three months are considered as a new submission and will undergo revisions again by other peer-reviewer.
- 1) Numbers
- 2) Reviewers comments
- 3) Answer/revision note
- 4) Location of revision (page number, column, and/or line).
4. Graphical Abstract
A graphical abstract is essential for this journal. The graphical abstract should summarize the article's substance in a brief and graphic form. The purpose of a graphical abstract is to cease the attention of worldwide readers. The authors are obligated to provide images that comprehensively represent and describe the articles’ contents. A graphical abstract is submitted in a separated file through the online submission system underlining the manuscript has been accepted.
5. Editorial office of Fiat Justisia: Jurnal Ilmu Hukum
All correspondences should be sent to the following Editorial Office:
6. Guideline for Online Submission
The first step of online submission for an author is to register as an author role. The author should fill in the form and its details, especially for forms that have the star marks which are mandatory to fill in. afterwards, the author clicks on the “register” button to precede the registration. Next, the author should go to the “online submission” and will be asked to “login”. After logging in the author can see its journal status where there is a “new submission” option provided. The process of online submission in Fiat Justisia Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Consists of five steps which are:
Step 1-Starting the submission
In this first step, the Fiat Justisia: Jurnal Ilmu Hukum consists of journal's privacy statement and comments for the editor. The journal's privacy statement acknowledges to never distributing any personal user data required on the registrations process without the explicit permission of the user. Upon request, a user's email address is removed from the mailing list. All data held about the user will be made available to the user upon request. Comments for the editor are provided for the author to fill in the dialogue box.
Step 2-Uploading the submission
The second step is the actual upload of the authors’ manuscript for submission. To upload a manuscript, the author should complete five steps:
1) On this page, click “browse” (or choose file) which opens a “Choose File” window for locating the file on the hard drive of your computer.
2) Locate the file you wish to submit and highlight it.
3) Click “Open” on the “Choose File” window, which places the name of the file on this page.
4) Click “upload” on this page, which uploads the file from the computer to the journal’s websites and renames it following the journal’s conventions.
5) Once the submission is uploaded, click “Save and Continue” at the bottom of this page.
Step 3-Entering the Submission’s Metadata
This particular step requires the author in the process of submission to fill in their data. Mandatory data in this form include first name, last name, and email. The authors are also required to fill in the title and abstract of a manuscript, indexing, contributors and supporting agencies, and references. Authors can add their corresponding authors accordingly.
Step 4-Upload Supplementary Files
This optional step allows supplementary files to be added to a submission. The files, which can be in any format, might include:
1) Research instrument
2) Data sets which comply with the terms of the study's research ethics review.
3) Sources that otherwise would be unavailable to readers.
4) Figures and tables that cannot be integrated into the text itself or other materials that add to the contribution of the work.
Step 5-Confirming the submission
To submit your manuscript to Fiat Justisia: Jurnal Ilmu Hukum, the author must click "Finish Submission". Afterwards, the acknowledgement of submission will be sent through email based on the principal contact on step 3. If you wish to view your submission's progress in the editorial process, you may log in to the journal website. Thank you for your interest in publishing with Fiat Justisia: Jurnal Ilmu Hukum.
7. User Rights (Copyright Notice and Open Access License)
Authors of journals have rights to use the article in a broader range, including use by the authors’ institute, company, and other affiliation. These author rights can be benefited without processing permit. Authors maintain their copyright, except for publication because it is under the publisher or journal’s ownership. Authors and readers are free to copy and share the material in any medium and format, but they are obligated to provide appropriate credit in every advantage of articles. Examples of non-permission rights are:
- For teaching and meeting purposes
- Distributing copies to an audience
- For training purposes
- Distribution for research purposes
8. Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
- General Organization of Paper
The paper will be published in Fiat Justisia: Jurnal Ilmu Hukum after the peer review process and is determined accepted by the editors. Manuscript document submitted to this journal in one Ms Word should be organized as follow:
1) Body text of a manuscript article
2) Figure captions and table captions. Figures and tables must be separated from the body text of the paper, put after references.
Please include covering letter in a separate document file containing your summary of scientific findings and uploaded in supplementary files.
Following the main headings should be provided in the manuscript while preparing. The separation between Main headings, sub-headings and sub-sub headings should not be numbered in the manuscript, but using the separation in the following example. Four levels of heading are allowed as follows:
1) Level 1-11pt, HEADINGS, Times New Roman, Bold, Uppercase, Left-Justified.
2) Level 2, 12pt, Sub-Headings, Times New Roman, Bold, Capitalized Each Word, Left-Justified.
3) Level 3, 12pt, Sub-Sub Headings, Times New Roman, Capitalized Each Words, Left-Justified.
4) Level 4, 12pt, Point Headings, Times New Roman, Capitalized Each Words, Left-Justified.
1) 11pt Times New Roman
2) One space
3) The indentation for the first line is 0.5 cm
Bullets and numbering in the body text are prohibited. Sentences are suggested to be described in paragraph format.
Abbreviations and Symbols
Abbreviations and symbols definition and explanation should be provided for the first time as they are introduced in the text.
Manuscript Heading, Font, and Spacing
The manuscript should be aligned with the journal’s template or pay attention to the guidelines below:
1) Typed of Microsoft Word
2) The paper size 16cm x 24cm
- a) Top : 1,06 cm
- b) Bottom : 2cm
- c) Left : 2.5cm
- d) Right : 1.5cm
Tables and Figures
Tables and Figures are presented centre and cited in the manuscript. The figures should be readable and at least have a resolution of 300 DPI (Dots Per Inch) for excellent printing quality. The source of the table or figures is provided below.
The paper title is potential for authors to attract readers. Moreover, paper articles will be cited by other authors. Thus, it is essential to make sure the paper title is accurate, efficient, and unambiguous. Title of Articles is written with Times New Roman, Bold,13 pt, and preferably not more than 14 words.
Authors Name and Affiliations
The author's name should be provided without salutation or professional positions. These positions include Prof., Dr., Ms., Mr., and Manager. It is prohibited to abbreviate your last or family name. Authors Name should be written in Times New Roman, Bold, 11 pt. below, the author's name is the affiliation and email which is written in Times New Roman, Italic, 9pt.
Abstract and Keywords
The abstract should be clear, concise, and descriptive. This abstract should provide a brief introduction to the problem, objective of the paper, followed by a statement regarding the methodology and a summary of results. Abstracts are written in English. Font Times New Roman (9pt) Italic and preferably not more than 300 words.
The introduction should be clear and provide the issue to be discussed in the manuscript. Before the objective, the authors should provide an adequate background and concise literature survey in order to record the existing solutions/method. The purposes are to show which is the best of previous researches, to show the main limitation of the earlier researches, to show what do you hope to achieve (to solve the limitation) and to show the scientific merit or novelties of the paper. At the end of the paragraph, the author/s should end identification comment issue and objective of the research. Then the writer can write descriptively the research method used in the article. This method is optional; the author can only write it in the introduction or abstract chapter. The introduction is written in Times New Roman (11 pt) & Bold.
This section is the most crucial section of your article. The analysis and discussion should be clear and concise. The results should summarise (scientific) findings rather than providing data in great detail. Please highlight differences between your results or conclusions and the previous publications by other researchers.
The conclusion contains a description that should answer the objectives of the research. Provide a clear and concise conclusion. Do not repeat the abstract or describe the results of the research. Give a clear explanation regarding the possible application and/or suggestions related to the research findings.
Recognize those who helped in your research, including individuals who have assisted you in your study: Advisors, or another supporter, i.e. Proofreaders, Typists, and Suppliers who may have given materials.
Recognize those who support your research funding, for example, DIPA PNBP/BLU, the Faculty of Law, Lampung University.
References at the end of the manuscript should be written in CHICAGO Citation Style. Cite only items that you have read and on footnotes. All publications cited in the text should be included as a list of Bibliography, arranged alphabetically by author. REFERENCES MUST 80% FROM JOURNALS AND BOOK ONLY 20 %.
1) Ex book:
Abdussalam, Desasfuryanto, A. Hukum Ketenagakerjaan. Jakarta: PTIK, 2016.
2) Ex journal:
Arpangi,A. “Pelindungan Hukum Terhadap Tenaga Kerja Indonesia Di Luar Negeri.” Jurnal Pembaharuan Hukum 3, No.1 (2016). https://doi.org/10.26532/jph.v3i1.1354.
3) Ex Internet:
Tribunnewes.com. “Kisah Pilu TKW Indonesia, 1,5 Tahun Disiksa Majikan hingga Gaji Sebesar 567 Juta Tak Dibayarkan”, Available online https://www.tribunnews.com/nasional/2019/07/30/kisah-pilu-tkw-indonesia-15-tahun-disiksa-majikan-hingga-gaji-sebesar-rp-565-juta-tak-dibayarkan?page=all.
Footnotes and References should be written in CHICAGO Citation Style. Please use Reference Manager Applications such as EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc. (we suggest Mendeley). Bibliography citations are provided in footnotes with the format:
Bernart L Tanya, Teori Hukum, Strategi Tertib Manusia Lintas Ruang dan Generasi, Surabaya: Kita, (2002), p. 239.
2) Journal articles:
- Husni, “PerlindunganHukumTerhadap TKI yang Bekerja di LuarNegeri (KajianYuridisTerhadapSinkronisasiPeraturanPerundang-UndanganPenempatandanPerlindungan TKI,” JurnalHukum& Pembangunan 40, No. 2 (2010): 270-289. https://doi.org/10.21143/jhp.vol40.no2.220.
Tribunnewes.com, “KisahPilu TKW Indonesia, 1,5 TahunDisiksaMajikanhinggaGajiSebesar 567 JutaTakDibayarkan”, September, 17, 2019. Available online https://www.tribunnews.com/nasional/2019/07/30/kisah-pilu-tkw-indonesia-15-tahun-disiksa-majikan-hingga-gaji-sebesar-rp-565-juta-tak-dibayarkan?page=all.